Southern Home Entertainment can help fix your WiFi problems both at home or at your business
When your WiFi stops working you might be tempted to throw the modem out the window. It’s especially frustrating if you have important work to complete, emails to send, or a television series to binge.
That’s why we offer a same-day response to call-outs for WiFi if we’ve got the space. We’re on-hand to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi or even help you set up a new network entirely. Modern modems, routers and different sorts of Broadband connections aren’t simple, we’re well aware!
When To Call Southern Home Entertainment
a) struggling to set up a new WiFi modem or route, or
b) your WiFi has stopped working entirely, give us a call and we’ll talk you through the next steps. In truth, there are often simple troubleshooting steps, such as turning the router on and off, making sure the wires are connected and calling your ISP. However, if you think the problem might be a technical one (the box is broken, for example) call us and we’ll send our engineer out to take a look.
Wi-Fi and Data Points
Wi-Fi is a modern wonder of technology, there’s no doubt, but sometimes you will need ethernet
installed in your home. These wired connections are crucial if you run an online business,
upload files to the internet regularly, or want to download shows, music and films super fast.
My WiFi is not up to speed
- Slow internet speed is annoying and it can be frustrating at times especially when you are watching a movie, the kids are playing their favourite game or you have a deadline at work and you need to get some put in some extra time at the office.
- It could be the strength of the WiFisignal, the wireless channel, your PC or router and even a problem with the network itself. … The popular restart the device fix works in many situations and it could be a fix for slow WiFi as well. All you have to do is turn off the router for 10-15 seconds and turn it back on.
- If turning your device and your router on and off doesn’t fix your WIfi problems then consider the following:
- Your router needs to be re positioned. even a small shift in the location or position of the router can cause a slow Wifi connection in your home or office.
- Your router is located in a low position of the office or home. the router needs to be positioned in as high as possible position to broadcast the radio waves it helps to clear the router of possible interference.
- Metal and Concrete walls or floors are the biggest blockers of your WiFI signals. Avoid putting your router in the garage, basement or under the house keep the router free from large objects also from covering the router.
- Christmas lights can also cause interference with your Wifi so keep your router away from flashing lights and electromagnetic fields.
OMG Buffering again!
Repeated buffering may result from a technical problem with the content provider or your internet service provider (ISP), but it can also occur when too many devices are using an internet connection at the same time.
Internet dropouts can also caused the dreaded buffering symbol to ruin a good movie Tv Show or the last level of Call of Duty. Here are some reasons
- WiFi hotspot strength is insufficient – you may be near the edge of the WiFi network.
- WiFi network is overloaded – happens in crowded areas – on the street, stadiums, concerts, etc.
- Wireless interference with other WiFi hotspots or devices nearby
- WiFi adapter outdated drivers or wireless router outdated firmware
Why is my wireless router running slow?
You will always here the same statement by every professional ” turn it off wait 10-15 seconds and turn it back on.” sometimes its fixed and most of the time the slow loading internet speed hasn’t changed.
- there is too much interference and congestion on the service. Wireless speakers, wireless cameras, baby monitors, microwave ovens and even other wireless networks, such as a neighbor’s can compete for the same airwaves causing interference or wireless network congestion.
- Too many people using the internet and sharing the radio waves in your area
- Your service is not fast enough
- Your router is too far away from your devices. unless you live in a small apartment or a studio your router will not be able to reach every room or device that you are wanting to use your WiFi for.
- If you want your internet and WiFi to run faster then we can help you at Southern Home Entertainment with world wide technology backed up by local service and old fashioned customer service.
Designed for the Future of the Internet.
How cool are these! At Southern Home Entertainment we have been installing Ubiquitti wireless access points for a few years now for both commercial and residential clients.
Unlike the mum and dad plug it in the wall all over the house versions that you buy from your local electrical retailer these are wired from your modem router to a position on the ceiling like a smoke detector and will revolutionise your home or office WIFI.
In some cases you can receive up to 150 metres or more in range depending on location although in real terms with walls etc around 60 or 70 metres.
They can come in lite (suitable for domestic), long range (suitable for a larger space or even outdoor waterproof versions. For acreage you can even install multiple access points and as you pass through areas your WIFI device automatically changes over to the strongest point.
For more information you can visit their website https://www.ui.com or feel free to call us on 0410 536 593 or message us to find out how we can revolutionise your WIFI and boost that weak signal in the upstairs corner of your dwelling.
Here are the top 10 reasons why customers choose the Ubiquiti UniFi Platform for their Wi-Fi system:
- Price –
- Enterprise Grade
- Easy to Manage
- No software fees
- Sleek Design
- Long Range
- Advanced Software Features/UniFi Controller
- Rapid Deployment
- Model Options –
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US
CONTACT US BELOW
Connect With Us
Address : Mount Annan, NSW, 2567